Terms and Conditions of Enrolment
Please enrol me as a student on the Certificate in Writing for Children course. I have read and understand the terms and conditions of enrolment shown below and I agree to them. I also agree to respect the copyright in the course and not to allow any other person to read or use the course or any portion of it in any way whatsoever.
Terms and Conditions for the Certificate in Writing for Children course
1. The STT Promise. For the fees quoted STT will supply the full course and all the services described in the prospectus.
2. Instalment Payments. You agree to let us automatically deduct your instalments from your credit card when they become due. If there is any danger that payment will be refused please write to us. We will treat all deserving cases sympathetically as possible and do our best to adjust your payments to your circumstances.
3. Copyright. The Course is protected by copyright. You agree not to copy, reproduce or broadcast the course or part of the course.
4. Four Years to Complete Your Course. This agreement lasts for four years. If you wish to extend your studies beyond four years, an extra charge may be made for administration and the supply of revised course material.
5. Ownership of Course Materials. The course materials become your property on receipt by you, subject to full payment of your fees.
6. STT Rights. STT reserves the right to refuse to accept any applications for Enrolment. We also reserve the right to discontinue tuition for any student who (in our opinion) does not have sufficient aptitude to complete the course. In such cases all fees paid will be refunded on return of the course materials.
7. Your Pledge. You agree to follow your tutor's advice; to study the course conscientiously in order to give it a fair chance to help you; to take all reasonable steps to have your writing published and to keep us informed of the results of all submissions you make during and up to the end of your course, including fees received. It is a requirement of the Guarantee below that you comply as fully as possible with this clause.
8. Your Certificate of Competence. We will award you a Certificate of Competence as soon as you have earned your course fees from writing which you have sold. The award of a Certificate of Competence confirms that STT is no longer liable for any refund of course fees under part (i) of the Guarantee below.
9. Your Certificate of Completion. We will award your Certificate of Completion when you finish your course.
10. YOUR NO-RISK TRIPLE GUARANTEE
i. If you have not sold writing to the value of your comprehensive course fees by the time you have completed the last course assignment, we will refund the whole of your course fees on receipt of a written request, provided such request is received at our Manchester office within six months of the completion of the last assignment. At the same time you must provide us with a selection of rejection letters to prove that you have been making every effort to sell your work.
ii. You have the full course on 15 day trial when you enrol. If you return it to our Manchester office within 15 days of receipt, at your expense, any money you have paid will be returned in full. This period will only be extended by request in advance.
iii. We will pay you £10 for every written assignment which is not properly corrected by your tutor. Failing agreement between us we both agree to accept independent arbitration as binding. This is in addition to any refund you may claim.
This Guarantee is Your Safeguard of A Fair Deal From STT